Hair loss has become very common in both men and women. There can be many different causes for hair loss in women, like, health problems, lack of proper nutrition, etc. Even a reduction in the estrogen levels can cause hair loss in women. Hair loss occurs for many different reasons, from genetics or disease for example. No matter the reason for the loss of hair, some herbs are rumored to help. Those seeking natural products to help with gaining hair can try herbs before attempting prescription or over-the-counter medications. Before starting any type of herbal remedies, please seek the advice of a doctor.
1. If you have no allergic reactions on onion juice, apply it to your scalp and massage for 3-5 minutes, then relax your skin by applying some high quality honey. Keep for 5 minutes and then wash off.
2. Aloe vera is one of the popular herbs for hair growth in women. It has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Usually, aloe vera gel is applied on the scalp, as well as hair, so that the pH balance and moisture of the hair is restored. Apart from acting as a good hair conditioner, this gel is also said to stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
3. Lavender, more frequently known as an anxiety and insomnia herb, can also be used for hair loss. In a test of 86 participants with an autoimmune disease called alopecia areata, those who used lavender and essential oils to massage their scalps for the experiment, a timeline of 7 months, had more hair growth than those that did not use the oils to massage their scalps.
4. Saw Palmetto Extract. Probably the most widely-acknowledged herbal treatment that has a measurable impact on the amount of DHT that men product is Saw Palmetto Extract. Like Finasteride, it is also used to combat prostatic diseases and lowers DHT by working as an anti-androgen.
5. Fenugreek is generally thought of as a cholesterol or blood sugar lowering herb, but it can also be useful in hair loss. Herbalists use fenugreek for the prevention and treatment of hair loss.
6. Henna is one of the commonly used herbs for hair growth in women. It has been used throughout the centuries and is said to stimulate hair growth and prevent female hair loss. It is also used for hair dying and is a natural alternative for commercial hair colors.
7. Another female hair loss remedy is ginkgo biloba, which is said to increase the blood circulation to the skin as well as the brain. It is believed that an increased rate of blood circulation results in providing more nutrition to the hair follicles, resulting in hair growth.
8. Finally, stinging nettle has also traditionally been used as a remedy for hair loss. It is usually taken as a pill or tablet dont apply the stinging nettle directly to your bald head! and there is some evidence to show that it stops testosterone being converted into DHT.
Author is an online medical researcher on hair loss treatment. Click read more on hair loss solutions, how to stop hair loss.