If one has dry skin, it goes without saying that such skin requires extra attention and some dry skin care tips that help coping up the situation before it turns worst. Not only is dry skin comfortless with its tightness, but it is also awkward when such skin starts flaking and looks extremely harsh or rough. Nevertheless, many causes of such skin are not because of the problems with the skin or the way it has been treated. According to many skin care (cosmetologists) professionals, somewhere between 15-20% of a general practitionersâ patients come from the skin diseases!
Causes of Dry Skin
Besides the common age related cause, following are other factors that contribute to the condition of dry skin:
1. Genetic Inheritance: Inherited skin disorders are known to cause dry skins.
2. Low Humidity: When the skin is constantly exposed to warm and cold air, it dries.
3. Heaters: During the winters, heaters and forced-air furnaces make skin dry.
4. Metabolic Factors: Thyroid or excessive weight loss results in loss of skin elasticity.
5. Hormones: Any imbalance in testosterone or estrogen can lead to reduced natural oil production.
Skin Care Tips for Dry Skin
Sieve barley or wheat flour and add one fourth teaspoonful of turmeric powder (in the thick part), one spoon of mustard or sesame oil and water to make a paste. Apply on the body and face before bathing. After drying or after 10 minutes rub it with the palms to remove the paste. After an hour bath with lukewarm water. Skin becomes soft, fair and silky.
1. Use cotton dipped in raw milk on the face, neck, hands etc for 5-10 minutes gently. Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash with fresh water.
2. Avoid using soap for bathing. It makes your skin dry and rough.
3. Apply small amount of raw milk on your face, neck and hands. It is very effective natural remedy for dry skin.
4. Do not wash your face very often. It takes away your natural skin moisture and natural oil.
5. Apply some moisturizer after face wash. It helps to remove unwanted dryness.
6. Gently massage with olive oil or almond oil. It is an effective remedy for dry skins.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
1. Massaging the skin with grapeseed oil. In severe cases of dry skin castor oil or avocado oil is highly beneficial.
2. Prepare a fine mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of orange juice,1 teaspoon of olive oil, few drops of rose water and some drops of lime juice.
3. Apply this well prepared mixture on the face in the morning 15 minutes before taking bath.
4. Mash a ripe banana and apply it on the face and neck. Leave it for sometime and then wash the face with lukewarm water.
5. For dry and chapped lips the best home remedy for dry skin is to massage lips with a little cream of milk by adding few drops each of rose water and lime juice every night before going to bed.
6. After bathing applying Aloe Vera gel is also effective.
7. Mash half an avocado and mix it with a few drops of fresh lime juice and spread this paste over the cleansed skin. Stay it for fifteen to twenty minutes. Wash the skin alternately both with cold and warm water.
8. Mix 2-5 tablespoons of raw peanuts with milk and make a fine paste. Add Â¼ teaspoon of honey to this paste. Apply this paste on face. Leave this paste to dry.Then wash with cold water.
9. Before bathing add 5-6 drops of oat extract or lavender oil to the bathtub.