As a crowning glory for women, hair is a very important issue to us. We ensure that we take care of our hair, never let it lose its lustrous shine, and do all that we can to maintain it as the most important element adding to our beauty. However, sometimes, no matter what we do, we cannot control the conditions that affect our hair. A simple explanation for dry scalp and hair loss is that, when the hair is dry, it turns brittle. In such a situation, the hair tends to break or fall more often. Also, dry scalp causes itchiness. When we scratch our head, it causes the hair to weaken and fall, resulting in severe hair loss.
1. Dry scalp can be caused by using harsh shampoos or shampooing too often. If you have a dry, flaky scalp or dull and dry hair, try using a different shampoo. Opt for a gentle formula made for dry hair, and don’t shampoo every day. Instead, shampoo every other day with warm (not hot) water; frequent washing and hot water can dry out your hair and your scalp. Also avoid gels, mousses, hairsprays, and other products that contain alcohol and can dry out your scalp and hair. Limit the use of heat appliances, like a blow dryer, to give hair a chance to recover.
2. Old-fashioned cures for dry scalp included steeping a sliced onion in rum for hours an using the resulting liquid as a massage which, although it works very efficiently to halt falling hair, is a little antisocial. Other remedies incorporated chilli garlic and castor oil. More practical infusions may be made from mallow root, parsley seed, catmint, rosemary, marjoram and nasturtium. This will helpful in removing dry scalp.
3. Smoking and Alcohol Consumption: The effects of cigarettes and alcohol are known to everyone. In the process of damaging the rest of the body, these also affect the hair and its natural shine. As a result, one faces the problem of dry scalp and hair loss.
4. Vitamin B. Dry scalp may be caused by nutritional deficiencies, such as not getting enough vitamins B6 and B12 in your diet. Boost your intake through fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain breads and cereals and, if necessary, through supplements such as flaxseed oil, zinc, and selenium. This is one of the best hair loss treatment.
5. Oral Contraceptives: Another cause is the regular consumption of oral contraceptives. Apart from the effect, they have on other bodily functions, certain drugs or ingredients in these drugs may destroy the normal hair growth patterns, and cause a severe problem of dry scalp and hair loss in women.
6. This is one of the effective herbal home remedy for dry scalp using Yoghurt : Yoghurt alone, rubbed well into the scalp after shampooing and left for 10 minutes, will condition hair and clear up problems affecting the scalp but with1 egg whisked into it it becomes doubly effective for fine, light and uncontrollable hair. Rinse well after using. This will help in reducing dry scalp.
7. Eating the wrong foods can impact your hair and scalp as well. Too many sugary foods can lead to a dry scalp and cause flaking, so limit desserts and trips to the candy jar. Even spicy foods can trigger dandruff, so try to avoid them and see if you notice any improvement. It’s also important to cut down on salt and alcohol if you have a dry scalp and increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids. Hydrate your skin from the inside, too, by drinking plenty of water to keep your skin and scalp naturally moisturized.
Author is an online medical researcher on hair loss treatment. Click read more on hair loss treatment, teenage hair loss.