Dry, red, scaly patches on your skin are the common indicators of psoriasis. It is unclear as to whether psoriasis is an allergy or infection of the skin. A person suffering from psoriasis is highly self-conscious and physically uncomfortable. Some people even choose to wear clothing that completely covers the affected area.
The issue of psoriasis can be treated, and there are several different options for doing so. The following is a list of different soothing measures you can take to help calm or even cure the psoriasis.
1. Re-hydrating the skin is very important in order to cure psoriasis. A shower, swim or relaxing in the bath tub can help in many ways such as reduce itching, reduce redness, soften the scales and in removing them. Always remember that hot water can aggravate your condition by increasing the itching, so keep the water luke warm.
2. Soaking in water removes the oils from your skin, so it is very important that you moisturize your skin. Moisturizing not only helps in reducing inflammation and preventing dry skin but also helps in keeping psoriasis under control.
3. Pay close attention to the type you choose. Certain types of soap can dry your skin out even more, exacerbating the psoriasis. A mild soap with added moisturizer will actually help in soothing your skin.
4. With weather changes, humidity or lack there of can become an issue. Severely hot or cold weather conditions may cause the air to dry out, so use a humidifier.
5. Psoriasis can be further aggravated by certain medications, like lithium, beta-blockers, and anti-malarials, to name a few. Whenever you visit a doctor for any problem, let him know that you are suffering from psoriasis so that he can be careful in writing your prescription.
6. Psoriasis can be worsened by scratching, sun burn or by rough clothing.
7. Psoriasis causes more problem when you are overweight, so it is very important that you lose weight in order to be comfortable.
8. One should be very quick in treating infections such as streptococcal infections as then can trigger psoriasis in many people. If you are suffering from fever or sore throat, be sure that you see your doctor right away.
Psoriasis has no set course of treatment, however these natural remedies offer relief of the symptoms suffered from psoriasis.
Visit this website for information on home remedies for Psoriasis