Some people may experience excessive (more than normal) hair loss. Hair loss of this type can affect men, women and children. Several reasons might be at the root of why your hair might be thinning. Most commonly, chronic hair loss–including male and female pattern baldness and alopecia–is genetic. Temporary hair loss, which is usually caused by hormonal upheaval, illness or stress. Hair loss is more likely to be reversed if it is treated right away. A natural hair growth treatment can help stop the strands from shedding excessively.
1. Some medicines can cause hair loss. This type of hair loss improves when you stop taking the medicine. Medicines that can cause hair loss include blood thinners (also called anticoagulants), medicines used for gout, high blood pressure or heart problems, vitamin A (if too much is taken), birth control pills and antidepressants.
2. Green tea is an effective hair growth treatment for female pattern baldness. The tea contains compounds which prevent the production of a hormone which causes female pattern baldness. This treatment works when it applied directly to the scalp.
3. Changing your diet can slow down some forms of hair loss, Ask your health care provider to test you for food sensitivities, which can contribute to hair loss–gluten, dairy and soy are common offenders. Taking 500 to 1,000 milligrams per day of the supplement L-lysine may also help prevent some hair loss.
4. Rub a lime on your scalp if there is dandruff on your scalp, leave it for 10 minutes and shampoo the hair. You should use medicated dandruff shampoo and oil to apply on your hair when they are suffering from dandruff.
5. If you wear pigtails or cornrows or use tight hair rollers, the pull on your hair can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia (say: al-oh-pee-sha). If the pulling is stopped before scarring of the scalp develops, your hair will grow back normally. However, scarring can cause permanent hair loss. Hot oil hair treatments or chemicals used in permanents (also called “perms”) may cause inflammation (swelling) of the hair follicle, which can result in scarring and hair loss.
6. Many women who are losing hair have vitamin deficiencies. A good multi-vitamin can serve as a hair growth treatment because it will ensure the strands are getting the right vitamins and nutrients in order to grow. Olive oil can be used as a hair growth treatment to help replace the oils and proteins the strands lose during the styling process.
7. You can make oil at home for falling hair. Boil henna and neem leaves in mustard oil till the leaves get almost dissolved in it. Let it cool and then filter. Add few camphor cubes to it and fill in a bottle. Use this oil to massage on your hair. This is one of the best hair loss treatment.
8. Eating iron rich fruits and food helps in preventing the hair fall. Include apples, beetroots and jagary in your daily diet. They are rich in iron so help to prevent your hair fall.
9. If you have got the bald patches on your head then apply onion on the bald patch by rubbing it and then apply honey over it. Leave it for few minutes and then wash off.
Author is an online medical researcher on hair loss treatment. Click read more on hair loss treatment, how to prevent hair loss.